Thursday, February 3, 2011

Midges and more Midges

I have been tying and sorting midges for over a week now. I got two new fly boxes and I have already filled one with midges, and I am over half way filling the other box. After looking through the containers that I put the flies I tie in it looks like I will have to buy another fly box just to put of them in. I counted the midge flies I had about a year ago and I had close to 900. Well if I was to count them now it looks like I would have well over 1400 midges that range in the sizes of 18 to 26s. Can't have to many........

If you didn't know by now I use midges all the time. Well at least 90 % of the time. It seems that I catch more fish on midges than I do on say size 14 nymphs, and I catch big fish on these midges too.

Here is just one of my new fly boxes loaded.

1 comment:

  1. pretty funny isnt it? all you have to do is go small if you want big.

    ReplyDelete