Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow and Fly Fishing

Winter time is my favorite time to get out on the water. I like fishing when the snow is falling because it is so quite. The world is a different place when the snow is falling. It almost seems like the world stands still for just a moment so the snow can cover everything. I am at peace at that moment.
You can see all different kinds of wildlife out looking for food or a place of shelter from the snow. It is so peaceful and the beauty of the snow sticking to the trees around you is unreal. You don't have to worry about other fisherman because most people don't like the cold, but there are some brave one out there that will fight the cold to fish like me. I have been outdoors all my life wheather its been working or fishing, and I know how to stay warm in these cold months of winter.The bigger trout are feeding to help them get through the winter months but they are not going to move far to get their meals. When fishing in the winter months slow down and fish every inch of  the water. You never know when the fish of a life time will take your fly.

1 comment: