Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Fishing with my 2wt.

Decided to hit the water today to see if there was any hungery fish. This has been the first day the river here hasn't been frozen over and I was ready to do some fishing. I armed myself with my TFO 8 foot 2wt. and I hit the water. Fishing was slow at first but I managed a couple of small rainbows. I caught around 9 rainbow in the 8 to 12 inch range in an hour. Then the fish just stopped baiting so I moved to another run just below where I had been catching those rainbows. I made a couple of casts and nothing. I was getting cold and my feet was starting to hurt alittle from the cold water. I thought to myself " cast a couple more time just to see if the is a fish holdind there ." I made another cast and bam fish on. This fish wasn't fighting like the little rainbows. This fish was staying on the bottom and I knew it was a brown, and what a brown. This fish was heavy and pulling line. I tightened up the drag on my reel. Man what a fight on my 2wt. I fought this fish for about ten mins. before i got it in the net. I use a mesure net and as I looked in the net I saw a male brown trout with a nice hook jaw that mesured 20 inches. Man what a day, a 20 inch male brown on a 2wt fly rod.
I want a picture of this fish but I didn't have my camera. I had my cell phone so I called my dad to bring me a camera. He show up and we had a little photo shoot with this big brown. After the photo shoot I release the fish and he swam right back to where i hooked him.

I hope this is a sign that 2011 is going to be a good year fishing.

1 comment:

  1. Great Fish on the 2wt, Ill bet you were sweatin it just a little.

    ReplyDelete